What a great trip we had visiting friends in Switzerland. Some wonderful walks along Lake Zurich in Richterswil and Lake Lucerne, but also a breathtaking visit up to Stoos, which is at the foot of the Fronalpstock mountain. To get there, you travel on the funicular railway – the steepest in the world. It travels 743 metres in altitude, in less than 7 minutes. It’s then two lots of cable cars (or a walk) to get the rest of the way. Stoos is at 1300m and the top of Frontalpstock is at 1922m.
There was also an added bonus when we reached the top – paragliders in action. I spoke to Sebastian in one group and asked if it would be ok to take a few shots as they set up and took off. He was happy for me to, asking if perhaps I could let him have any images, as they don’t usually get any from below. The winds were tricky, but they all managed a successful take off.
- Kitesurfing Lancing Beach - February 2, 2020
- World Sleddog Championship - November 18, 2019
- Your Complete Wedding Checklist - November 7, 2019
- Mid Sussex Tri Club ‘5-3-1’ Swim Event - August 18, 2019
- Darcy on the beach - August 14, 2019
- Woody the Vizsla - July 21, 2019
- Goodwood Festival of Speed 2019 - July 7, 2019
- Father’s Day – out - June 17, 2019
- Switzerland - June 5, 2019
- Kate Photoshoot - May 27, 2019